We’ve got a confession to make. We LOVE Pay Per Click advertising (PPC).
We know, we know, you’re probably thinking we’re just being dramatic. People are known to throw the “L” word around with little real thought or feeling behind it; but that’s not us. We truly love pay per click advertising. Specifically Google Ads.
Why have we become so enamored with PPC?
That’s simple to answer. It works!
In fact, if you only had budget for a single digital marketing activity. We’d say for 99% of the businesses out there the answer is simple. It’s PPC.
For those of your who are not clear on what pay per click advertising is. Here’s a description…
Pay-Per-Click Advertising (also known as Search Engine Marketing)…
As Wordstream describes it (a company that has an online tool that helps manage Google, Bing and Facebook Ads).
PPC stands for pay per click, a model of internet marketing in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. Essentially, it’s a way of buying visits to your site, rather than attempting to “earn” those visits organically.
That’s a simplistic answer but the big plus for PPC over organic search is that it is pro-active in any sense of the word.
PPC advertising campaigns, when managed right, can bring you qualified leads at the exact time those people are looking for your products or services. In blunt terms, with Google Ads we can literally make your phone ring!
This is unlike organic search which leaves things a bit up to chance. If your SEO is strong (you meet all or most of Google & Bings 200+ elements to their algorithims), your website has a great reputation and your updating it regularly with quality content, then maybe you will rank well organically for all of the various keyword phrases you hope to be ranked for. But, maybe not.
On the other hand, with pay per click advertising you can be ultra-targeted. We’re not just talking about putting in your radius, gender and age demographic and calling it a day.
With Google Ads you can do much more. The tool itself allows you to break-down the whole campaign into Ad Groups that are specific to the products and services you want to show up for and then gives you every possible metric to analyze to optimize your campaign.
Here’s a few things that you can do in Google Ads:
- Have any number of campaigns and ad groups
- Target as many keywords as necessary
- Create an unlimited number of ads that work with your keywords
- Direct your ads to relevant landing pages with strong call-to-actions
- Track conversions
- Set days and times that ads will run
- Set bids and bid adjustments on keywords, devices and age groups
- Add site-links that drive people to various pages on your website
- Allows for Call-Only ads
- Gives you the ability to enter negative keywords so you do not show up for keywords that are not relevant to what you do, thus risking losing money on wasted clicks
- The ability to see click-through-rates, conversions, expected top-of-page bid rates
- Competitor auction insights that tells you your impression share, outranking share, overlap rate, top of page rate, average position rate
Should we keep going on?
The control allowed by Google Ads is unbelievable and again, your capturing the attention of people exactly when they are looking for your products and services.
And of course, the goal is for your ads to be on the top of page one for as many of your keyword phrases as possible.
With the right oversight by a company like Curley Digital Marketing devoting the time to creating the best landing pages and optimizing the campaign daily. The potential for success is, dare we say it, pretty much guaranteed.
We’re Google Ads Certified so if you have questions. Give us a call: (301) 676-5633.