Why Email Marketing Is Important To Your Online Marketing Plan
For some reason many companies just skip right over, or don’t even think about email marketing when they are deciding where to spend their online budget. Could it be that we have this belief that any technology that has been around for years is probably outdated? This could very well be the case, however, for those who are engaged in email marketing. The results are impressive. Consider this…
89% of Marketers (using email marketing) said that email was their primary channel for lead generation (Mailigen)
Wow! That’s a pretty telling statistic. If companies using email are getting such great results, shouldn’t we all have an email strategy?
The Different Types Of Emails
There’s a lot of different types of emails you can and should send if it is relative to your business goals. Here is a list of a few of the most important ones. However, the sky is the limit as far as ideas of types of emails you can test. In addition, not only should you test the content and type of email but you should test things like subject lines, which day to send out, time of day and much more.
- New Content Announcement Email – This type of email is used to describe and promote an offer. Perhaps you are having a sale, launching a new webinar or offering a free trial of your product or service. A new content announcement email with a single offer and strong call-to-action is the way to go.
- Product Update Email – This is a good way to keep your audience updated on the latest features and functionalities of your product. These emails are not as exciting as an offer email but if done right they can be very helpful to your consumer. Keep the new feature descriptions short, have a simple graphic showing the feature and if you need to describe anything further. Provide a link to a page on your website that goes into more detail.
- Newsletter or Magazine Format Email – These emails are a great way to stay “top-of-mind” for your audience. The best way to present these is to include a few different topics. Have a nice image with headline, a brief description of the article and then a link for people to click and read more on your website.
- Invitation to An Event – Promote an upcoming event you’re holding with an email invitation. These are easy to create by including a compelling visual or two, listing a few benefits of why they should attend and having a strong call-to-action that encourages registration.
- Dedicated Email – Want to send a nice friendly welcome all new members of your email list? Have a list of event registrants that need to have the latest updates about the event? A dedicated email to those lists can be very effective.